Wednesday, April 16, 2008

And we have no idea what we are doing...at least, I don't

So today, emboldened by the warm spring air, I decided to tackle our front flower beds. The brief backstory on these beds is generally that they are terrible, much like the rest of our yard. Let's just say the people who lived here before didn't quite know what they were doing. Not that I do. But I have a brilliant mother-in-law who can coach me.

Today, however, today, I was on my own. At least for the 25 minutes I attempted to work before Andy got home. In that time, I discovered that all of the mulch they had laid had turned into a fungus. Talk about yuck. So my project was to clear the mulch. I'm about 1/3 done. Andy's project was to extend the flower bed (we need to cover up a pipe from some sewer work last fall...and extend and raise beds around the side and back of the house to help drainage). He's about 1/8 done. He marked the front yard and sprayed Round-Up while I played in mulch and tried to get rid of it. I filled my pockets really quickly. Just kidding. Now I'm all scratched and scratchy and sore. But we are making progress. I'll post pictures when it's all finished. So, about May of 2010.

No comments: