Thursday, May 19, 2011

4 years

4 years ago today, this was happening:

IMG_5149 IMG_5175

And it was awesome.  Perfect really…everything I could have imagined.

But today?  Better than I could have imagined.  Far more than I could have ever hoped for.

Because I married my best friend.

And he’s only getting better.

Even today, as I’m on my third shirt (after being peed on and spit up on), fifty pounds heavier than on that day, sitting on the sofa with an iv dripping into my arm, and a mess on the sofa where I accidentally dumped my pump a little early….I know that he loves me more than he did on that day.  After the week and a half we’ve had, there’s not a doubt in my mind.  My husband would lay down his life for me, and for our son.  I can’t think about the way he’s shown love to both of us without breaking down into tears….it’s a beautiful, wonderful thing.  I have always loved my husband, but I have to tell you….I really love watching my husband as the father of our children.    That sweet boy I married has become an the incredible man that I love being married to.  So this anniversary, it’s a special one.  It’s a real good one…and not because of any extravagant gifts or vacations or awesome dinners out….because it’s the anniversary we get to celebrate as parents for the first time….the anniversary we get to celebrate after being tried by a bit of fire….and the anniversary that we get to celebrate today as best friends and as husband and wife and as parents. 

No comments: