Monday, November 8, 2010

Baby Chronicles Chapter 2

You probably guessed the theme of yesterday’s post.  Yup.  We’re having a baby.  Next May.  We are 12 weeks in, and everything looks great.  I had my first appointment last Monday, and she said the little lime-baby looked perfect.  I thought this week I might go back and give you a look at the things that have been going on over the last twelve weeks.  You know, indulge my need to talk about this life that’s growing inside of me and making it increasingly difficult to find pants to wear :)  So here’s the first.   A post I typed out the night before we found out we were having a baby.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Theodore was born, my opinion on childbearing started to drastically change.  Then as Mandy got closer to her due date, I realized that I really wanted to have kids, and that as long as we were here, I wanted my kids to be able to play with hers.  And this summer, the baby bug really hit.  It’s been a full on disease.  Andy’s had it forever, but it took me awhile to get here.

I’m supposed to start my period tomorrow.  I haven’t had any spotting and last week didn’t feel like PMS.  At first, my boobs were just aching seriously (sorry dad).  Oliver kept jumping up on the sofa with me, and it seemed like every time he would hit my chest.  And I would yelp and yell at him because it hurt.  Then I started wearing out.  Like mentally, emotionally, and physically.  I felt like everything was overwhelming at school and like it was out of my control.  Then this weekend my lower back started aching to a level it has never hurt before.  Any time I’ve had to bend over, it has nearly brought me to tears. 

Andy has been asking me like 35 times a day if I think I’m pregnant. 

Oliver just jumped on me again.  On my chest again.  Seriously.  Ouch. 

I think I might be.

I hope I am.

I guess you’ll know if this ever sees the light of day.

September 13, 2010

No comments: