Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend of Love

This was a busy weekend....but a fun one.

Friday night we spent the night at Andy's parents house. It was so nice to be there again. It's always so relaxing. Andy was wearing an old pair of his dad's glasses (because...did I mention that until his new ones come in, he's wearing safety goggles with his old lenses taped to them...I'll try to take a picture this week. We're becoming more and more hillbilly every week. Well. Maybe not me.) that were identical to the ones he wanted to buy in the store. They looked like Clark Griswold in the original Family Vacation.

Saturday we drove up to our old stomping grounds, the sweet West Lafayette, Indiana. I was determined that we were going to have Chik-Fil-A for lunch...and talked about it the entire drive there. But Andy drove past on accident. And traffic was too busy for us to be able to turn around safely and still make it to the wedding on time. So I had to settle for Arby's. And boy was it unsettling.

But once I got over it, I had a sweet time. We were there for the wedding of this sweet boy (the one on the right...and yes, I forgot my camera, so I'm pillaging old pictures to fill in).

And it was a good one. I so love watching the groom wait for his bride. As each of the bridesmaids walked down, his smile got bigger and bigger. He looked like a five year old opening the best gift ever. Sadly, I missed his face when he actually saw his beautiful bride because someone's head was in the way. It's okay, though. I know he was thrilled.

This was such a special weekend. Todd, the groom, is so dear to Andy and I both. He and his roommate Ike were some of the first young men that I got to see grow and change and shape into godly young men during their college years. Andy was their Bible study leader for their first two years of college, and after he graduated, they stepped up and took over. It was so a God thing that those two ended up as roommates (they knew of each other...but didn't know each other...now they are completely inseparable), and that they ended up in the dorm room right next to Andy.

Sunday I got to go to Bloomington (the home of the worst university in the state..haha) for the bridal shower of this sweet girl:

Of course, that picture was from the summer of 05...when I met her. And before I met the Chi. My sweet, sweet Chi. Oh...and I didn't take a blow dryer overseas. Are you getting the picture? There's a reason my hair looks terrible. Okay...back to Abbey. She was one of my roommates on a summer missions project to Freiburg, Germany, and became a dear, dear friend to Andy and I both. I think we are both much cuter now. Here we are last summer.

And we'll just say that we are even cuter now. I just don't have a picture to prove it. I'll try to get one at her wedding.

She is moving on WEDNESDAY to Waco, Texas. She's starting grad school in psychology at Baylor. It's so sad, but so fun. We are going to start a letter writing relationship. And I might get to see her when I am in San Antonio in November. We're going to try to work it out.

And now, now it's time for me to call the school and see if I can get into my classroom. It's time for Mrs. Cook to start getting down to work.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

You are so cute! Good luck getting your classroom together! I think I am going to need to see pics of that cuteness when you get it finished. :)