Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday, or the longest day in the universe

Somehow, the last two Tuesdays have been terribly tough.


Say that ten times fast.


We English teachers like to call that alliteration.


The emphasis on the t sound provides... nothing, really, but it's fun to pretend.



But I'm exhausted. And I just woke up from a two hour nap. I told Andy I was going to lay down for "a bit" and he came out probably more than two hours later and told me that my nap was too long. So I woke up. And now, as soon as I blow dry my hair, I'm going back to bed.


Tomorrow is picture day, peeps, and I will not be looking like Christina Ricci in Casper in this one (which means I need to get some sleep...you know...for the dark circles).


I'm trying to think of something interesting to say, but I'm not sure there's much there.


My students are funny, in their own strange ways. They take me back. I try to remember if I was this crazy when I was their age. I don't think I was. Some days they make me crazy, but I do so love them. They are learning how to do high school, and it takes some time. It's an exciting time to have them. I feel like I need to be constantly praying for grace in the classroom. It's so easy to frustrated, and that's not what I want.


Andy got me pretty, pretty flowers today for no reason at all. I love it. My old flowers from the start of the school year weren't even dead yet! I just have the sweetest husband.



We have tomatoes coming out of our ears. And the world's largest zuchinni. We're enjoying this garden of ours. I'm thinking about consolidating some next year and adding some flowers, like zinnias, for cutting and arranging throughout the house. I just so enjoy having fresh flowers in the house.

No comments: