Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Be Mine, Valentine

We had a nice, low-key Valentine’s Day.  I have had a bit of a cold all week, so I’m spending a lot of time just resting and trying to keep rawhide/random pieces of paper out of Liam’s mouth.  So for Valentine’s Day this year, I made a batch of brownies in mini-muffin cups and decorated them (I used this recipe…they were the best brownies I have ever eaten in my life) and for lunch, I made some sushi and arranged it in a heart.  I had big plans to make dinner, too, but by mid-afternoon, I wasn’t feeling well, so Andy picked up Chinese takeout.  It ended up being way fun.  We have had Empress twice in the past week, and that makes me way happy.  I really like our little Chinese restaurant.  We hung out with Liam, and he took a bath with Andy.  After that, he went to bed and we watched a documentary on Netflix (I’ll post about it later…it’s a good one).  Then I fell asleep on the couch and the night was over.  So clearly, romance is alive and kicking at our house.  Here are a few pictures from our day (along with the cards that Liam and I had made/sent to Andy using Tiny Prints, which is hands down my new favorite site for cards…I will totally use them for our Christmas card next year—their quality is SO MUCH GREATER than any other I have seen.  I also sent a card to each of Liam’s grandparents…I added those at the bottom for fun.

February

card3untitled

No comments: