Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sweet Saturday Morning

So this morning Andy and I did something we had intended to do all summer long….we finally made it to the Farmers Market downtown.  I honestly didn’t know what to expect.  We live in a fairly small town, and I didn’t really know what would be there.  I was totally surprised an in a really good way.  The Farmer’s Market is set up in a really beautiful part of downtown, surrounding the fountain on a street that looks nearly parklike.  There were maybe twenty or so different vendors with a variety of different things.  There were lots of tomatoes, a huge variety of peppers, some beets, potatoes, and other great produce.  I did hear someone say that there was even more in July.  I think the corn, green beans, and peaches were at their end this week.  There were also eggs, homemade soap, and local honey.  And there was a catering company set up making breakfast.  I heard that breakfast was really awesome—the exact quote was, “they have an omelet that is to die for.”  We didn’t try it this week, but we will…maybe next week!  We bought 7 tomatoes, 3 peaches, 4 green peppers, 4 lbs. of potatoes, a container of honey and 10 honey sticks.  It was exciting to make my meal plan for the week around these great ingredients.  As we walked back to the car, Andy looked over and told me that we’ll be back next week.  He wants to go back at least every other weekend.  And that is totally fine by me!

1 comment:

Shannon E said...

Love it. We've hit up a few different ones this summer, they are always interesting.