Saturday, August 28, 2010

Glad that’s over

So, the start of the school has come and gone.  I have to give out three week progress reports this coming week.    That kind of boggles my mind.

The first week of school was great.  My classes were sweet, things flowed well, and I finished feeling pretty happy.

Then we had a wonderful weekend and I went into this last week thinking that things were going to be great again.

I was dead wrong.

This week was one of the hardest of my career.  I came home every night on the verge of tears.  A few things happened that shifted the momentum of three of my four classes and took my formerly sweet days into a not-so-nice place.

I can’t really go into it, for obvious reasons.  But at the end of the week, I was seriously questioning my sanity.  I’m very thankful for the next two days off.  Because I’m so worn out it hurts.  Even if I have several hours of work to do tomorrow so today’s the only real “off” day.  At least tomorrow I can go work in the quiet of my room with no one else around.

And I might want to homeschool my own kids.  Rather than subject them to this kind of crazy.  I’m mostly kidding about that.  I think.

No comments: