Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stopping drug abuse…one cold medication at a time

I got carded today.

While buying a Day-Quil/Ny-Quil multipack.

Apparently you have to be 18 or older to purchase them now.  I had no idea.  The little slip that printed out with my CVS receipt said that it was to help curb teenage drug use.

People.  I had no idea.

I work in a high school.

And I had no idea.

It’s a good thing I had my id.  I would have laid down on the floor and cried if the woman hadn’t sold them to me.  I have a NAS-TAY cold right now.  I stayed home yesterday, and would have today if I didn’t have a serious ISSHAH about being away from my classroom (it makes me itchy and twitchy to not be there).  We’re talking 32 tissue pile-up, purple-y chapped lips, cough that could scare a grown man kind of cold.  It started with a tightness in my chest after Monster Jam and has gotten worse since.

So excuse me while I go pop two legally purchased Ny-Quil and feel just a bit thankful that the saleslady still thought I looked young enough to be 18 just days before my 25th birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday the seventh. Love Ya