Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Three Snowdays in a Row

I haven’t been to work since Monday.

And it’s been quite lovely.

I may not be saying that come June 3, but today, it’s okay.

We have had a lot of snow.  Like 8ish inches, I would guess.  Which is a lot in Southern Indiana.  Since we shut the town down after 3.

I’ve enjoyed my snow days.  I spent yesterday working on decorations for a baby shower the weekend after next, but then I ran out of supplies.  So until I get my hot glue gun, a new glue stick, and a few hundred Dum-Dums, I’m at a standstill.  I have a feeling I’m going to be working up to the last minute on those.

Today, I did this workout for the first time.  And I thought I was going to die.  Quite literally.  I attempted to show Andy one of the moves later, and my feet cramped up and my back got spasm-y.  I think I may have gone a little hard. 

On the bright side…if the feeling (or lack thereof) in my arms, abs, and glutes is any indication, if I keep this up with my treadmill rotation, I should be feeling pretty good come shorts season.  That’s a big if.  Mercy, I need some discipline.

My favorite Jillian line: “Your arms are the only part of you that most people see naked, so they need to look hot.”

(in the 30 day shred, it’s “At the end of this circuit, I want you to feel like you’re going to die”)

After that, I just sort of hung out….I made some Curried Lentil Soup for dinner and watched a few episodes of NCIS

and Modern Family

And then I sort of plotted what our second house will look like.  I have a lot of requirements for our next house—now that we’ve been through one and realize what works better for us.  I know it’s bizarre.  What can I say?  I like to think about the future…and plan for things that are yet to come.  It’s nothing too extreme….I would like a larger garage (one for both cars), at least two bathrooms (we’ve had way too many bathroom problems that have required extreme measures—like having no floor for a week, and being forced to drive to Arby’s to use a toilet…or having a broken toilet, and being forced to drive to Arby’s to use a toilet…..I’ve only eaten at that Arby’s maybe twice?…but I’ve been there a whole lot), and a dishwasher.  Maybe some more windows, and more of an open floorplan.  And closets.  Sometimes I research homes for sale in different areas to see what I like. 

And who knows what tomorrow will bring.  But I know I will be sleeping in.  And probably staying in my pajamas.  Because I like them.  And I’m feeling lazy.  And in the words of the fabulous Jo Keller, “You can only clean your house so many times.”

That woman’s a freaking genius :)

No comments: