Friday, June 26, 2009

Who does that?

Later today a post will appear about packing for our trip.  That post was written two days ago, before the bulk of the packing occurred.

That was before the issues that ensued this morning. 

I was pulling out clothes and preparing to pack, when I was informed that I could not pack the clothes in their current state.  The issue?  Nearly everything Andy is taking (ie, I am packing for him) is new, because he has literally no summer clothes.  Apparently, Andy doesn’t believe in wearing new clothes before they’ve been washed and waited until the DAY WE LEAVE to tell me that.  The day when I have VBS all morning, lunch plans, need to mop and clean the kitchen floor, run to the library, pack, and make his dad’s monthly food gift (his Christmas gift), and make one last run to the pits of Hades (you might call it Wal-Mart) to pick up some last minute sunscreen, a furnace filter (someone never replaced it all this winter and discovered that maybe it was in bad shape) and magazines for the road, oh, and pack.

And there’s the part where I fell and twisted my ankle and jammed my shoulder yesterday, so I am fourteen shades of sore and cranky.

You don’t even know how badly I want to stick all of those new, unwashed clothes in the bag and let him figure it out once we are out of the country. 

Who washes new clothes?

I have NEVER done that.  They are always so perfectly pressed and neat when they are new.  Why mess with a good thing?  I can’t even wrap my mind around it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wash new cloths before wearing them. You never know what chemicals or other things may be on the due to shipping.

Aunt Cris