Thursday, June 25, 2009

Book Twenty-Two: The Debutante Divorcee

This was the book I had in my bag the weekend of Lauren's wedding, which just felt wrong. I did not have it my bag because I needed something to do at school that day. I also did not read this book in my classroom on the last day of school.

I had read Sykes' first novel Bergdorf Blondes last year some time. Of course, I had to reread the last chapter in the library to remember what it was about. I remember enjoying it, but nothing of the plot. This isn't totally uncommon. I read a lot of things, and unless I really like it, I don't tend to remember much about it. It happens with student papers sometimes, which can be an issue.

The main character of The Debutante Divorcee is not actually the divorcee, but a newlywed who is friends with the divorcee. It follows their social season in NYC and the area, and is charming. There is nothing totally remarkable about it, but it was cute and an enjoyable read.

No comments: