Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hello, My Name is Ashley

…and I have an addiction.

Now you chime in, “Hi, Ashley.”

And I share my problem.

I am an early morning online shopper.  I try to balance the checkbook, check my email, and take care of a few things around the house before school, mostly because I know that I won’t have the energy after school.  But every so often, I am lured into the hallowed online stores of some of my favorite places….and I make a rash decision.  A decision that later in the day, I would avoid.  But my sensors aren’t all firing yet, so I go ahead and click “submit order.”

And spend the next week anxiously awaiting my packages.

And they run the gamut.  I’ve ordered plants (my lily bulbs are coming up nicely…and I have about 100 tulip, daffodil, iris, and crocus bulbs arriving this fall).  I have ordered new bedding (a lovely white quilt from Target…I can’t wait to get it on the bed), fabric (for pillows to go with the quilt), and clothes (some great pants from Ann Taylor LOFT and shorts from Old Navy).  What I have to admit to you is that I’ve ordered all of that in the last 30 days. 

Yup.  This past month I’ve been on a shopping spree.  I haven’t overspent, but I sure have been enjoying the pleasures of online shopping.  What’s interesting is that I don’t actually like it that much.  It’s just convenient.  I can drive an hour to get to Old Navy, or I can plop my rear down and click a few buttons.  I can drive two hours to Ann Taylor LOFT, or I can just hit send.  Do you see the problem? 

Clearly, I need to live in a town with access to these stores.  I talk myself out of things MUCH better in person.  Until then, though, I’m going to enjoy my lilies, bedding, and pants and shorts :)

1 comment:

Marla Alexander said...

I love this post! :) I feel you -- I'm addicted to buying books and music on Amazon.com... it's bad!!! :) Hope you are well!