Saturday, May 23, 2009

Books 17-19

So I have lost momentum on my reading. Apparently I'm not as good at balancing things as I once hoped. Most days, I make it home from work and end up asleep or, you know, just staring comatose for a few hours. So....I read these three books closer to my spring break. In March. And I haven't posted about them. Or read anything else. Maybe this weekend? Maybe not.

We'll see.

But I have a lot of papers to grade.

And a final exam to write.

And a study guide to create.

And some gardening to do.

And lesson plans for this next week.

So, who knows.

But my last three books were:

"Not Buying It" by Judith Levine.
Levine and her partner chose to not spend any money (beyond essentials like food, bills, etc) for an entire year. It was interesting. I don't agree with most her opinions on anything in life, but I was intrigued by the way not spending money affected her so much.

"The United States of Arugula"
Not as interesting as I thought it would be. It was a multi-decade look at the gourmet food culture in the United States.

"It's All Too Much" Peter Walsh
The guy from the TLC show Clean Sweep offered practical tips for the average person. Informative, to be sure. Not that I've done anything with the information :)

I hope to read something more fun soon. I'm going to need to read a good bit this summer in order to complete my goal of 50 books this year. If nothing else, I have some serious driving/flying time coming up with my vacations in June/July.

No comments: