Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Catching Up

Liam and I spent all last week away from home.  We left on Sunday, and stayed in Indianapolis with Andy’s parents until Thursday morning.  They had a two week break in having any help or family come, so Andy and I decided it would be good for me to go…just so they weren’t alone for too long.  They can’t really have many visitors right now because Andy’s dad’s condition is so fragile…if he were to get sick, it would be really bad, so for the most part, they go to the wound care center to have his wound changed in the morning, and then they are home the rest of the day.  So Liam and I went and stayed.  Because having your six month old grandson for most of a week might be the best non-medical medicine there is.  Especially when that grandson is Liam—because that kid is a charmer.

Poor Liam doesn’t sleep well when he’s away from home, so I didn’t sleep well either.  We’re both still recovering.  We had a good time, though.  And it proved to me just how resilient our boy is.  He continued to be super sweet and patient even when he was worn out.  By the end of the week, he wasn’t napping well at all, and my mom had to rock him and pat him to get him to rest.  I don’t know how she did it.  He hasn’t fallen asleep in my arms in a long time.  If I try to get him to sleep while holding him, he thinks we are playing and starts bouncing and rocking and singing Willow Smith’s “Whip My Hair” while headbanging.  Maybe not quite all of that.  But it’s close. 

So now we are home, and happy to be here.  I don’t want to leave.  I am working on slowly getting the house picked up and back together.  I got caught up on laundry Sunday afternoon.  Our room is clean, and the kitchen is close…I just need to put away Liam’s clothes (also…I need some storage containers to clear out Liam’s room….at 6 months, we have a lot of things he has outgrown/moved beyond and I need to get them out of his room and into storage somewhere) and clean up the living room and bathroom.  I don’t touch Andy’s office.  It’s too stressful for me in there.

And now for two pictures of Liam that I stole from Lauren (he wore pants that day…I promise.  They were brown and adorable.  But he got too hot and we had to take them off.  Turns out he’s adjusted to the cold temps at our house, and he gets overheated at other places…it started to happen at church on Sunday as well)

377518_10100909704317188_13747813_63427233_1875138705_n381418_10100909712810168_13747813_63427265_1413682633_n

No comments: