Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekly Update: 4/26-5/3

Last week felt heavy, just hard and kind of full of sadness.  I was in a total funk for most of the week...and it didn't help that it rained and rained and rained.

Monday started out normally enough, but ended kind of rough.  One of my co-workers found out that her mother-in-law had passed away suddenly.  I spent the rest of the night just devastated for their family.  Andy and I ran some errands together that night, but for the most part,  I think we were just at home.

Tuesday and Wednesday were kind of the same.  I went to school, my students gave their commercial presentations (they designed videos using should totally check out that website, it's awesome).  They did a great job and I was really proud of them.  We had youth group Wednesday night, and I really don't remember much else. 

Thursday was grant presentation day.  We had to meet at another school and present our culminating projects.  It was really a fairly enjoyable day, getting to see the things that colleagues have done in their classrooms and getting some great ideas for the future.  I have been so inspired for future projects in the past few brain is working overtime on school ideas

Friday was kind of busy.  After school, I met Rebekah at the church to set up our table for the women's luncheon, ran to Kroger to get food for small group, made the food, and then we went to small group.  We played Apples to Apples and mostly just hung out--it was game night.  I nearly fell asleep I was so tired.  When we got home, I noticed I had a really bad pain in my leg, and there was a welt there.  Andy went to the movies with a friend and I went to bed.

On Saturday, I went to the women's luncheon at church, and it was so much fun.  Our table was sweet, and the message was great, and the food was sooo good.  It was just a really refreshing morning.  My leg was starting to hurt a lot at that point, and when I got home and looked at it, I realized I definitely had a staph infection.  It looked just like the ones that Andy had three years ago.  I went to the convenient care, the doctor looked at it, and wrote me a prescription.  I was in and out in under twenty minutes.  I went to Walgreens, picked up my prescription and some supplies, and headed home.  Since then, I've been groggy and having off and on stomach aches.  That's how good my prescriptions are :)  That night, Andy and I decided to go to Columbus.  Usually we go to Clarksville, but it was Kentucky Derby weekend, and there was no way we were going within a ten mile radius of Louisville.  We also needed a Kohls, so Andy could get shoes and I could get jeans.  So we went to Columbus, went to Kohls and Petco (spent way more time in Petco than in Kohls....way more time picking out things for Oliver than for ourselves) and tried a new sushi restaurant called New Japan.  The sushi was fantastic.  The restaurant had a really authentic feeling to it--it wasn't trying to be trendy like most sushi restaurants.  It really looked like a hole in the wall.  But man was it good.  Andy wanted to go back yesterday.  There were some cute little prom couples there and we had a lot of fun watching them.  Because we're totally creepers and people watch.  The two couples across from us (not together) were darling.  They were so awkward and uncomfortable.  Both girls ordered sushi, both boys had like fried rice and meat.  One of the boys was struggling to use his chopsticks, his poor hands were shaking.  Then, I have no idea what they were talking about, but we heard the boy say, "Horses are a really nice animal."  Poor Andy nearly lost it.  We both just kept saying, "Horses are a really nice animal" over and over again all night.  I changed it to "Horses are a really neat animal" just to be funnier.  We got some sushi to go, to take to Andy's friend Adam who has two little bitty girls and no chance to get out of town to enjoy sushi.  We swung by their house and got to meet their little geese. 

Yesterday we went to Sunday School, then I was in the 2-3s room during church.  I only had two kids, and they were the sweetest two.  I had so much fun with them.  Then we ate lunch at Taco Bell (sometimes a greasy disgusting taco really hits the spot) and came home.  I spent most of the day playing with Ollie, sleeping, and doing laundry.  My medicine really knocked me out yesterday.  I also kept hearing things last night.  I don't know if it was the rain or what, but it was bizarre. 

No comments: