Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Score one for small towns

I had to run to the grocery store today.  I haven’t eaten lunch in two days….I have been subsisting off the cookies and candies in the teacher’s lounge for Teacher Appreciation Week.  I don’t have the foggiest idea what Andy’s been eating…but  I suspect I’ll figure it out when I balance the checkbook.

Basically, things were looking pretty desperate around here.  I really don’t love grocery shopping, especially after school.

But today, something pretty sweet happened.  As I approached the checkout lane, a former student of mine came over, and said to the bagger, “I’m going to help you.  She just left SW….and I KNOW she wants to get home quickly.”

I laughed…but then I realized he meant it.  I have never seen groceries get bagged so quickly—those two were awesome.  That’s one of my first really positive experiences running into students outside of school.

And it made me darned happy.  Because I did want to get home quickly :)

No comments: