Monday, April 6, 2009

Bits and Pieces on a Monday Night

I made it to Wal-Mart.  I got my trash bags and my candy.  And I made a discovery.  Those chocolate marshmallow bunnies that I LOVED when I was little?  They shrunk.  They taste like chemicals.  And really aren’t good at all.  Of course, that didn’t stop me from polishing off two in the parking lot before I headed home.

I got the stuff to make this: RASPBERRY GELATO.  And I’m majorly excited.  I love raspberries and gelato.  I’m excited to have the two together.  And I have loved every recipe I’ve tried off this blog.  She even has a sweet little guide for brides on how to stock your kitchen and pantry.  I particularly enjoy her pantry list.

Tonight we did something unheard of in the Cook house—we went to a movie on a weeknight.  I exercised, came home, fixed lettuce wraps, showered and we hit the theater to see the movie “Knowing.”  It was recommended to us by an unnamed source.  I’m protecting this person’s innocence, because I am not passing on the recommendation.  If you’re excited to see it, then by all means go.  If you’re on the fence…hop off it.  We both really liked the first half of the movie…..but then it just fell apart and got irritating to watch.  Not even my popcorn could save it.  I HAD to have it when we got there…..but then it just tasted like fake butter and no salt.  Of course, that didn’t stop me from polishing off the bag.  Are you sensing a trend in my eating habits?

So….I have approximately 88 essays to grade.  But I think I’m going to bed instead.  Essays, shmessays.  They can wait.

No comments: