Monday, December 22, 2008

The End of a Camera

Yesterday was pretty much a darned good day.

We had Sunday School, which was sweet action.  Andy and I were both able to share a part of our testimon(ies?) with our students, which I always think is so powerful.  I want them to know that I don't have it all together, and that I was really a mess when I was their age.  But God changed that.  We were talking about planning for the future, and the way that God directs each of our steps...and Andy and I were both able to share experiences where things didn't turn out the way we had planned, but they turned out perfectly because God was in  control.  Sometime I'll write out those stories here...because I love them so.

After Sunday School, we had quite possibly the best church service I have been to.  Yesterday's message was so incredibly powerful.  I am still chewing on it.  I keep checking the church website to see if the print version has been posted yet.  It's one to print out and read over and over again.  We were talking about having zeal for the Lord, and for not letting the little things in life crowd out our passion for God.  I have to admit, I teared up...big time.  It was so convicting, and so applicable.

Then after church, we had Papa John's for lunch.  I don't think I've eaten Papa John's pizza for two years, but it sure hit the spot.  They have these garlic parmesan breadsticks that are INCREDIBLE.  They made my mouth so happy.  Until I figured out how many calories I had eaten in that alone.  Then I felt very sad.

Mary Jo and I hit Clarksville for some last minute Christmas shopping (I'm so close to being finished I can taste it!).  It was a total blast.  Target looked like it had been hit by a storm.  A storm of shoppers.  Check out the dollar spot:

New Camera 015

 

Unless you're in the mood for Hello, Kitty headbands or one of three mini cocktail mixers, you are out of luck.  Other parts of the store looked the same.  Things were just picked over.  We saw a lot of that many of the places we went. 

After Target, we hit the Family Christian store.  There, I nearly knocked over a cardboard display of Jeremy Camp cds when Mary Jo shouted my name and I turned too quickly.  So not only did I make a spectacle of myself, but everyone who turned to stare also knew my name.  Good times.  I forgot to take a picture of the display.  Oops.  I do, however, want to apologize to Mr. Camp.  I do enjoy your music, sir, it was totally an accident that I knocked you ever.

I did, however, get a picture of this (not that you can tell what it is): 

New Camera 016

 

That would be a box of candy canes labeled, "Jesus, tis no name that tastes so sweet."  Because really, nothing says Merry Christmas like eating Jesus canes.  To be honest, the whole idea kind of creeped me out.  I think it's a bad plan. 

And in case you couldn't tell, that picture signified the end of my camera.  My sweet little Kodak has gone to a better place.  The picture quality has diminished, the battery life has gone away, and now, I can't get it to connect to my computer to put my pictures on my computer, so I think it's time to retire her.  It's a sad time, really.  This sweet camera came on our honeymoon, and captured all of the memories of our first year of marriage.  I hate to put her down, but I think it's time.  This leaves me with a problem, though.  I don't have a point and shoot camera.  I have my super fancy Canon, but nothing for everyday use.  I found a Canon Powershot on Amazon that I like for a fairly inexpensive price...the real issue is convincing sweet Andy to let me buy two cameras in less than six weeks.  Hmm...I may have to do some thinking on this one.

Oh...and this is mildly amusing, at least to me.  I was trying to get my dollar spot and Jesus cane pictures onto the computer when I realized that sweet Kodak had gone to a better place.  So I pulled out fancy new camera, whipped out her super fancy high speed memory card and put in the not-so-fancy 1GB card that I got for free two years ago....so I could use the fancy camera to put the pictures from the sad little dead camera on my computer.  It seems so wrong, on so many levels.

And that's the end of this long series of unconnected ramblings.  Can you tell I've had nothing but caffeine today?  Okay...it's time to get down to business.

No comments: