Thursday, March 27, 2008

Eating, eating, eating...my three favorite things

One of the most difficult parts of living where I do is the lack of dining options. There are a couple of cute sandwich shops, and a good basic Chinese place, and a decent Mexican place...and lots of fast food. And that is it. No places for steak or non-fast food burgers. Nothing new or out of the ordinary. Not even a casual dining chain.no great place for chips and queso, breakfast, cheese fries, dessert or any of the things that I love to splurge on occasionally. No chance for three cheese dip at Qdoba, or something decadently chocolatey at Applebees, or bagels at Einsteins, or iced green tea at Panera...or anything at Panera, or a non-fat mocha from Starbucks. Or cheese fries at Outback, with their incredible ranch dressing. Or anything really that could be considered a good place to eat for a date. I'm not even sure there are restaurants in town that have tablecloths. There might be one....I can't remember now. I should probably stop with the whining....someday I will live somewhere else, and I will have my pick of places to eat out. And I will appreciate it--you better believe I will!

1 comment:

Marla Alexander said...

I love the blog! YAY! I can keep track of you two now! hehe :) I have one too! Check it out sometime!

Always,
Marla