Thursday, July 24, 2008

I am acting my heart out up here.

So for the past several days, I was in our illustrious state capital at a conference. I can assure you that it was one of my least favorite visits to this particular city. Because it was without my husband. And I didn't get to see my newer parents. And it wasn't totally worthwhile. Please don't misunderstand, I did learn some new things, develop relationships with four of my colleagues, and start to really focus on what lies ahead of me in a few weeks. But overall, I just wanted to go home and spend my last weeks of summer with my husband.

But something did happen while I was there. And it hurt. Really badly. There was something that I had kind of set my heart on...something that was earthly and not worth setting my heart on. And it got taken away while I was gone. And it hurt like the dickens. We were lost in the south part of the city, attempting to find a Super Target when I heard the news and in that moment I wanted to throw my cell phone and sob my heart out. But I couldn't. Because I was the one getting directions to the Super Target....and because I was with three people I barely know and have to work with this year. I have never in my life felt so dejected and so unalive. So I sucked it up. And now, now it's time for me to go deal with this.

And start piecing things back together.

No comments: