Friday, July 18, 2008

How do you confuse 28 Days with 28 Days Later?

So...earlier this week, something pretty funny happened at our house. Our newest Netflix movie had arrived, and Mr. Husband was asking me what it was.

"Oh, that Adam Sandler football movie. I thought it looked funny."

"The Waterboy?"

"No...the other one."

"The Longest Yard?"

"No...I don't think that's what it was called. Let's just watch it and see."

People. I cannot tell you. I had rented Gridiron Gang, with The Rock (or Dwayne Johnson, his more professional moniker), which is far from a comedy.

Did you know that in the first few minutes there are multiple murderous shootings? And lots of swearing? And all around roughness? And things that are scary? And I'll stop with the question marks.

I just lay there on the sofa, repeating like a crazy person, "I didn't mean to get this. This is not what I thought I was renting."

And Mr. Husband was laughing. And laughing. And making fun of the general ditziness that comes from being me.

All in all, though, after those rough first few minutes, it's a really good movie. So I'm glad I accidentally rented it.

And The Longest Yard should arrive tomorrow, for real.

No comments: