Friday, July 25, 2008

Everybody inside the car was fine

The other moment of my trip that I'd like to recount here actually happened after the trip. As I was driving home, I felt my car pulling kind of funny. Then I heard a ridiculous noise. Then I pulled over to the side of the road.

Where my back passenger tire was smoking.

Like a lot.

So I called Andy and he came and changed it into my donut and took it to the tire store. Apparently it had been low the whole time, but I had continued to drive on it for like 3-4 miles, and destroyed it completely. Making it the second tire that we have had to replace on my car in the last 10 months. The first one blew out as I was driving one day last fall.

As we were leaving the tire place, Andy turned to me and said, "You know, you are probably going to be a joke to them for the rest of the day."

Yeah. I figured. Anything to lighten the mood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you learn from experience! we all did Gran