Sunday, September 12, 2010

The part where I choose to forget last week

Unless I choose to share some of the few funny moments.  But most of them don’t translate well into writing.  I need hand gestures.  So let’s look at this weekend instead.

On Friday, we were supposed to go on a date.  But we didn’t.  I can’t taste because of a head cold and this week was really tiring, so I’m kind of glad we stayed home.  I feel like we just sort of hung out around the house.

Saturday was probably one of the most relaxing days we’ve had in a long time.  I meandered the house a bit, and made macaroni and cheese for lunch.  I couldn’t taste, so I had to have Andy tell me what it was like so I could get it right.  We went downtown and ate dinner at Hinkle’s (I have been craving cheeseburgers all weekend long).  I had a double cheeseburger and home fries.  Hinkle’s is totally a greasy spoon type place and their burgers are glorified sliders.  But it sure did hit the spot.  After that we wandered downtown walking for a bit and we each got a book at the Village Lights bookstore.  Then we came home and Andy smoked a cigar he bought a few weeks ago while Ollie and I hung out in the backyard with him just chatting and relaxing….then we watched a movie and eventually went to bed.

Today I have been kind of miserable.  My back is really sore and I’ve been tired.  I got a cold last week, and I’m still fighting it off.  We went to Sunday School and church, then had McDonalds (because I really wanted a cheeseburger).   I graded papers and worked on some lesson plans and assignments (because I’m nuts and make all my own materials instead of using premade stuff….but I really like my stuff better).  Andy watched a movie on Netflix on Demand and we’ve been playing with Ollie dog.  I’m about done for the day, and Andy just left to go fix the brakes on my car and do some work.  He’s been going to work on Sunday nights to get things ready for Monday the last few weeks, and it’s made things flow a lot smoother for the whole office.  

No comments: