Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lunchtime Success

We were invited at the last minute today to have lunch after church.  A couple at our church had prepared lunch for the college students, but none of them made it to church today.  They had a whole lot of spaghetti, and no one to eat it.

So they invited a few others instead.  Unfortunately, I can’t eat regular spaghetti, and I hadn’t had time to prepare any of the gluten-free kind.  And it takes a lot longer to cook than regular (17 minutes instead of 8).

But I did have a bowl with some cooked quinoa left.  And I figured it was worth a shot….and it really wasn’t too bad at all.  Definitely not quite the fun or the taste of spaghetti and meatballs…and I really wanted a piece of garlic bread.  But it worked and I’m feeling quite content a few hours later (the large amount of dark chocolate M&Ms I ate for dessert might have helped that). 

I felt like a dork showing up with a ziploc baggie of my own food, but I figure I’ll get used to that soon enough. 

Score.

No comments: