Thursday, March 18, 2010

I definitely cannot eat…

Regular pasta.  It’s official.  I tried.  It was bad news. 

I have been experimenting with various foods the past few weeks to see what makes me sick to my stomach and what doesn’t.

I can eat sourdough bread without feeling sick at all.  I can have a piece or two of Pizza Hut’s thin and crispy veggie pizza (which is kind of my favorite pizza now) without any problem.  I can even eat half the bread on a sandwich from Subway on most days.

Last night, I thought I’d try pasta.  I still have a few boxes of Smart Balance and Healthy Harvest (that are coming to you next week, Mom) and I was completely out of brown rice pasta.  Have been for a few weeks, actually.  I haven’t been to Trader Joes since January…and the only brown rice pasta I found in the town I have to live in was too expensive, kind of gross, and fell apart while cooking.  So I haven’t eaten pasta in two or three weeks.  Which is a long time for me…. So I decided just to give it a try.  I was really in the mood for this ridiculously processed and fattening casserole that Andy’s friend JD made in college…with cream of mushroom and cream of chicken and noodles and california blend.  But I don’t buy condensed soups.  So I made my own substitute—a white sauce with chicken broth and low fat milk poured over the noodles and broccoli with chicken.  It was really good, for about an hour.

Then we went to youth group.  And I spent most of the hour standing in the back holding my sides.  It felt like someone had stuck their hand inside of me and was squeezing my intestines with all their might.  I know it’s disgusting…but that’s the only way I can think to describe it.

I had to lie down on the sofa for the rest of the night.  It was a complete and utter failure of an evening.

On the bright side, I only have school today and tomorrow and then I’m free for a week.

No comments: