Monday, September 12, 2011

A productive and lazy weekend all wrapped into one

This weekend was a nice mix of relaxing and work-filled.  I spent most of Saturday in the kitchen, and that day of work has paid off with a week’s worth of meals, and soups for this week and next.  I was having a mental block with our diet, and I needed some motivation.  So I found five recipes from allrecipes.com that fit the diet criteria, and made them (3 soups, 2 bean salads) and I boiled some eggs and made egg muffins (eggs, sausage, spinach, mushrooms baked in a muffin tin).  I worked at it fairly diligently (taking time off to feed/play with Liam, hang out with Andy, etc.) from 11-5 Saturday.  Then I cleaned the whole kitchen and took the recycling out.  I was pretty proud of myself, and the fridge had more food in than it had in a LONG time.

Sunday was more the easy day.  After church, Liam was kind of a mess.  His nap schedule gets off on Sunday mornings and he has a hard time dealing with that, so I spent most of Sunday snuggling him and trying to get him to calm down.  I never achieved a crib nap on Sunday, and that hasn’t happened in a few weeks.  He had become quite the napping champion, but he fell off the wagon yesterday.  So I snuggled and walked with him and watched tv most of the day…hence the lazy day.  Last night after he went to bed, though, I dusted off my old Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD and did it.  It was the first time I had really worked out in over a year—and I was pleasantly surprised.  Before I started, I told Andy I was sure I was going to die and I didn’t think I would make it through..but I did.  I didn’t even get covered in sweat.  And I wasn’t super tired or sore after.  So I am definitely a lot stronger than I thought—maybe pregnancy gave me a superhuman strength (HA!).  I decided I would still stick with Level 1 for a week, though, just to get used to it, then I’ll go on to the next level.  I don’t want to get too arrogant :)  I really thought I would have to spend like 3 weeks before I switched levels, so I’m glad I felt so strong last night.  After I finished, I found a few other Jillian videos I might order in the coming months (because I can face reality and recognize that right now it’s all I can probably really accomplish…Andy makes it to the gym 2-3 times a week after Liam’s asleep, and I don’t really want the two of us to not see each other any night, so this is better for me right now).  Here are the others I am looking at (after I get through my 30 day shred…I thought I’d try each of them, then mix them up for some variety).  They are all Jillian because I have a slight girl crush on her, and I can appreciate it when she hands me my butt.  And because she has never steered me wrong in the results department.

Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs

51qgYVdmvFL__SL500_AA300_

Ripped in 30

51AFniCXtYL__SL500_AA300_

6 Week Six Pack

51If4d8GEZL__SL500_AA300_

No comments: