Wednesday, August 5, 2009

And my bones were a’creakin’

I tried an experiment last night.  And the results were far from exceptional.  I decided to go to bed at 10 last night, to try to get myself back into the routine of falling asleep then (instead of the 1 or 2 it has been).  I also decided not to set the alarm, so I could see just how long my body thought I should sleep.

I woke up at 7:20.  Accounting for the time it took me to fall asleep, I still slept for NINE hours.  Nine hours?  How old am I?  I remembered quickly why I drink coffee during the school year.  Because I don’t get anywhere near nine hours!  If I were to get nine hours of sleep during the school year, I would have to go to bed at 8 pm. 

So for the rest of this week, I work on sleeping 10-6, then next week, I’ll go to 10-5.  Maybe I’ll even slip in a 9:30-5. 

And my walker and false teeth should be arriving by the end of the week.

No comments: